Last Modified: August 7, 2012
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on a computer, tablet or other device (“device”) used to browse the Internet so that that device can be recognized at a later time. Cookies placed when you visit the Travelocity Business online travel site (the “site”) do not recognize you personally as an individual; they only recognize the device you are using. Cookies do not harm your device in any way but they do allow for several important features on the site. For instance, they allow you to make bookings and return to pages that you have searched. They also help us to keep the site secure and make sure your selected products reappear when you come back to the same page so you don’t have to select them again.
It is your choice whether or not you allow cookies to be placed on your device. For specific information about managing and controlling cookies, please refer to Managing cookies below.
2. Travelocity Business Cookies Policy
Cookies placed via the site do not store any of your personal or sensitive information (such as your name, address or payment details). The cookies used enable you to use certain features of the site (for instance, they allow you to access secure areas of the site). Without these cookies, services you have requested could not be provided.
We have listed for you below the cookies we use, and what we use them for:
- Session Cookies - These cookies tell us how you may have moved around the site and allow you to access certain features of the site. This information allows us to do various things, including analyze why errors have occurred and make sure your selected products reappear when you come back to the same page so you donâ€™t have to select them again.
3. Managing Cookies
What happens if I don't allow cookies?
If cookies aren't enabled on your device, your experience on the site may be limited (for instance, you may not be able to access secure areas of the site).
How do I disable/enable cookies?
You can disable/enable cookies via your Internet browser. We have explained how you may do this via some of the main Internet browsers below.
- Google Chrome
- In the settings menu, select "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page
- Select the "content settings" button in the privacy section
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- Mozilla Firefox
- In the tools menu, select “options”
- Select the privacy tab in the options box
- From the dropdown choose, “Use Custom Settings for History”. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the checkbox.
- Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, selec "Internet Options"
- Click the "privacy" tab
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- All Other Browsers
- For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
Useful travel content. Industry news. Tips for road warriors. Airport alerts. It's all at the TBiz Lounge.